Is Orientation mandatory?
- Yes, all incoming freshman and transfer students must complete orientation prior to enrolling in classes.
What if I cannot attend Orientation?
- All new students must attend an orientation session. If you have additional questions about the date, please contact the New Student and Family Programs office at email@example.com
How much does Orientation cost?
- The Orientation charge is:
- $225 for First-Year (freshman) students.
- $100 for Transfer students.
- The Orientation charge is non-refundable.
Do parents/guests have to pay?
- First-Year student family member cost: $100 for the first person and $75 for each additional person. Children under 16 years old are $50.
- Transfer student family cost is $75 per person.
If I register for Orientation and decide to cancel my admission to Buffalo State, can I get a refund?
- The orientation charge is non-refundable. Deciding not to attend Buffalo State College does not qualify you to receive a refund.
When do I have to pay my Orientation Charge?
- Summer: To guarantee your selected Orientation date, the orientation charge should be paid by May 1, 2018.
What is the deadline to register for Orientation?
- Summer: May 1st is the priority date to be guaranteed your selected Orientation date.
- First-Year students need to submit their intent to enroll forms, register for Orientation in order to have their schedule built in advance.
- Transfer Students should sign up right away and complete the Transfer Pre-Registration tutorial in order to be able to register themselves for classes in advance of Orientation.
Where will I stay during Orientation?
First-Year students (freshman) will stay on campus in a residence halls during Orientation.
Can I choose my roommate for Orientation?
- Students will share double-occupancy rooms with assigned roommates. We cannot accommodate student roommate requests. Students are required to stay in the residence hall throughout the Orientation program.
What Should I Bring to First-Year Orientation?
- Bed linens (Twin XL)
- Water Bottle
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Change of clothes
- Room fan (optional, as it may be hot outside)
- Flip Flops or shower shoes
- Banner ID information and student username
- Official form of I.D.
Please note that the bookstore will be open during specified times during Orientation.
Will my food be included?
- Your Orientation charge covers all student meals during Orientation.
Do my parents/guests have to come with me to summer orientation?
- We welcome and strongly encourage students to register parents/guests for Summer Orientation. In past years, the vast majority of students who attended Summer Orientation brought at least one guest.
- While at orientation, parents and guests participate in a parent Orientation program that will provide them with the opportunity to have all of their questions answered about various University resources (Student Financial Services, Student Life, etc.).
- All of the programs are targeted for parents/guardians, and we are unable to provide daycare services for younger siblings.
Can I bring more than one family member with me?
- We welcome your parents and your family members to attend the Parent and Family Member Orientation that runs concurrently to the student orientation.
Can I add a guest after I have already registered for Summer Orientation?
Where will my guests stay during Summer Orientation?
- Parents and guests are responsible for their own overnight accommodations. Some area hotels do offer discounts and/or hold rooms for Orientation.
If I am living on campus during the academic year when can I move in to my housing assignment?
If I have additional questions, who do I contact?