Is Orientation mandatory?
- Yes, all incoming freshman and transfer students must complete orientation prior to enrolling in classes.
What if I cannot attend Orientation?
- All new students must attend an orientation session. If you have additional questions about the date, please contact the New Student and Family Programs office at firstname.lastname@example.org
How much does Orientation cost?
- The Orientation charge is:
- $90 for First-Year (freshman) students - Please pay at the time of registering for orientation.
- $75 for Transfer students - Please pay at the time of registering for orientation.
- The Orientation charge is non-refundable.
Do parents/guests have to pay?
- First-Year student family member cost: $40 per person
- Transfer student family cost is $40 per person.
- All family members registered will be responsible to pay the orientation charge.
If I register for Orientation and decide to cancel my admission to Buffalo State, can I get a refund?
- The orientation charge is non-refundable. Deciding not to attend Buffalo State College does not qualify you to receive a refund.
How do I pay for orientation if I and/or a family member(s) attended prior to January 2019
- Use the Make a Payment Button here:
When do I have to pay my Orientation Charge?
- January: As soon as you receive an email from us you should register for your orientation
- Summer: To guarantee your selected Orientation date, the orientation charge should be paid by May 1, 2018.
What is the deadline to register for Orientation?
- January: Mid-November the registration form will be available.
- First-Year students need to submit their intent to enroll forms, register for Orientation and submit their Weigel Health Forms/Immunization records in order to have their schedule built in advance.
- Transfer Students should complete the Transfer Pre-Registration tutorial in order to be able to register themselves for classes in advance of Orientation. Transfer students will also have to submit their Weigel Health Forms/Immunization records in order to be able to register for classes.
Where will I stay during Orientation?
Students who are living on campus will move in the day prior to their orientation. Commuters will commute to orientation.
What Should I Bring to First-Year Orientation?
- Banner ID information and student username
- Official form of I.D.
Please note that the bookstore will be open during specified times during Orientation.
Will my food be included?
- Your Orientation charge covers all student meals during Orientation.
Do my parents/guests have to come with me to orientation?
- We welcome and strongly encourage students to register parents/guests for orientation. In past years, the vast majority of students who attended orientation brought at least one guest.
- While at orientation, parents and guests participate in a parent Orientation program that will provide them with the opportunity to have all of their questions answered about various University resources (Student Financial Services, Student Life, etc.).
- All of the programs are targeted for parents/guardians, and we are unable to provide daycare services for younger siblings.
Can I bring more than one family member with me?
- We welcome your parents and your family members to attend the Parent and Family Member Orientation that runs concurrently to the student orientation.
Can I add a guest after I have already registered for Orientation?
Where will my guests stay during Orientation?
- Parents and guests are responsible for their own overnight accommodations. Some area hotels do offer discounts and/or hold rooms for Orientation.
If I am living on campus during the academic year when can I move in to my housing assignment?
If I have additional questions, who do I contact?